Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Term Paper Introduction

Today, I wrote the introductory paragraph for my term paper
Here it is:
When I was 10 years old, one of my favorite books was Realionaire by Farrah Grey, who was a self-made millionaire by the age of 14.  One quote from that book has always stayed with me. He said, "Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs."  I knew then that I wanted to be the employer and not the employee.  Entrepreneurship has always been something I have enjoyed.  I started at the age of five selling Girl Scout cookies.  Of course, my mother was a big help back then, but I would still go house to house in my neighborhood and to my parent’s respective jobs.  It was at this stage I learned how to deal with the word “no”.  As I grew older, I became more involved and soon learned to count change, sort, and package the cookies. This experience cultivated many of my entrepreneurship skills. I then used these to start my own business that I call Baking Innovations. With my dessert catering business, I sell white chocolate, milk chocolate, strawberry, Oreo, lemon and banana pudding cupcakes. I also sell an assortment of cakes, cake pops, truffles, cookies, brownies, pies, and fruit arrangements. Since it is something I enjoy, I figured that I might as well make a profit from it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment